Your Zodiac/Horoscope and if it fits your personality.
Ok. My zodiac sign is Virgo. So, according to my.horoscope.com that means all this;
Symbol: The Virgin. Element: Earth
Group: Intellectual Polarity: Negative
Favourable Colours: Brown, Green
Ruling Planet: Mercury Cross/Quality: Mutable
Worry, shyness, overly critical of self and others, all work and no play.
A certain, reserved manner marks the classic Virgo. Virgos are generally medium to slight in build.
Cleanliness, animals, healthy foods, books, nature.
Taking center stage, rudeness, asking for help.
Virgo is most at home in the company of animals and close to nature. Virgo likes power and enjoys being the sidekick or indispensable assistant.
How accurate is that? If you know me well, you’ll probably have decided that for yourself. For the rest of you…
- Lately I’ve cried a lot of tears over the way that intellect is just about all I have (and I don’t even have a remarkable amount of that). No matter how many times I tell people people that I’m a people person, I am just not a people person.
- You have seen how my outlook on life is usually dominated by negativity…
- I like to wear green, and I think it suits me. Not so much brown, mainly because I often like to wear black, and brown and black don’t go.
- Mutable? That means changing and changing and changing. I’ve done a lot of that, but am still daily frustrated by how little I’ve changed. (I know, just try making sense of that…)
- I like the word ‘sardonyx’. Apparently this is what one of those looks like:
(I have never been a fan of orange and don’t tend to wear it, but I do think that stone is quite pretty).
- I do tend to step back and analyze, to the point of near-death, before moving ahead. It is killing me slowly right about now. Attention to detail – have you heard me talk about the appropriate use of grammar? ;) Not so sure about serving, gentle, delicate or caregiving though. I often worry I’m far too selfish and careless to ever hold on to anyone or anything good for any length of time (or to even want to, for that matter).
- The worry and the shyness and the over critical are bang on. They have been holding me back since the day I was born, and I have known it since the day after (yet apparently not been able to change all that much). I’m not so sure about over critical of others, though; I am stupidly forgiving, to the point of accepting blame for other people’s f*ck-ups from time to time.
- Reserved; Yes. In real life, anyway. I’m a little different in writing…
- Medium to slight in build? Skinny biatch right here; would be glad to gain a few pounds in the name of a more feminine figure.
- I like all of the ‘likes’ listed up there. But I also love junk food…
- I love taking centre stage when I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I’m going to wow my audience. To this day that has only happened once, but I long for the day it might happen again.
- Who doesn’t dislike rudeness???
- I think I’m pretty balanced when it comes to asking for help; I rarely need it, but when I do I ask and I massively appreciate.
- I like animals, I like nature. Give me green space over the city any day, but that might just be because of where I come from.
- Power. Hmmm… As with the centre stage thing, I enjoy power as much as anyone else, so long as I know I’m getting it right. The thought of being the indispensable sidekick makes me grin like an idiot, but at the same time I’d hate to be underestimated…
Unfortunately, accurate or not, I think the stars have very little to do with my personality. I prefer to think I get most of it from my mama, a little from my daddy, and the rest from everyone else who ever played a major part in my life.
(This blog post has been therapeutic. I had just about convinced myself, yet again, that there is no place in this world for the likes of me. But every story needs its tortoise as well as its hare, right?)