is enjoying her half-birthday. Reasons for smiles today include;
- This being my second consecutive day off from work, and the first for a long time in which I have absolutely no obligations whatsoever towards other people. I am wholly free to do exactly as I like with this day.
- I have so far spent the day cleaning the fish tank, tidying my room, cleaning my car, singing along to the pick ‘n’ mix of songs selected by various shuffle buttons and making plans for the rest of the day/year.
- Tonight is choir night – which means more singing slightly too enthusiastically, and time with my sister. Before that, thanks to some decent weather at last, I plan to go out for a walk/bike ride with my camera.
- Last night I spent some time chatting and catching up with three of my best friends from university. Despite my being irrationally nervous about the whole thing beforehand, it made me feel so much better about life than I had been feeling. Turns out I do need friends after all, who knew? ;)
- For no apparent reason, as happens from time to time, I seem to have woken up with more energy and optimism than I’ve woken up with in a stupidly long time. Maybe that’s because the sun is shining on England for the first time in even longer, or maybe it’s me and maybe it will last – even if the sun doesn’t. I really, really hope so.
In short some invisible, small-but-disproportionately-heavy weights have been lifted from my shoulders. I actually feel like I might be capable of kicking some ass today and hereafter. Hopefully this won’t be just another cruelly transient hormone/brain chemical-based mood fluctuation.
If I get any good ones I’ll post the photos from my walk on here soon.
Wish me luck?